Saturday, July 27, 2013

Greetings from Ecuador, Mexico, and Peru!

Here is tonight's dinner, which turned out very well, if I do say so myself. :) It's all because I have a cooking addiction, which is difficult to shake, really. So, I just do my best to live with it. Luckily, I also have an eating addiction. They balance each other out quite nicely.

This is my dinner (please pardon my attempts at Espanol):
This is the whole meal. 

This is Green Rice (Peru). This is my own recipe, and it turned out. Hooray!
This is my attempt at Spanish: Arroz verde con pollo
(It sounds authentic, right?)

These are platanos, cooked Ecuadorian style.

These are platanos, served Mexican style.
Platanos con lechera. (A.k.a sweetened condensed milk :) )
So, everything went like clockwork, until I was peeling the avocado. There was a piece of the skin that was rock hard and stuck to the fruit, so I tried to get it off with the knife. Bad idea. I now have a cut on my thumb that is a good inch to inch-and-a-quarter long. Oh well. Such is life. At least I have my dinner to enjoy!

Chow! Hasta luego. 

No comments:

Post a Comment