Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Wedding! A Wedding! We're Going to Have a Wedding!

Well recently in my family, we've actually had two. Within a 5-month time frame, both of my older sisters have been sealed for time and all eternity. It's wonderful, and I am truly happy for them. That being said, it doesn't mean that change, as wonderful as it may be, is easy-- a principle that I am learning in many areas of my life right now. 

These are some of my favorite memories of time spent with my sisters:

1. Late night giggles
2. Crazy dance parties (with me often being both the dance and the party ;) ).
3. Friday night activities
4. Doing pedicures in our bedrooms
5. The Very, Un-merry Un-birthday party we had for Amanda
6. Creating very original poetry while camping
7. Pulling Andrea around the neighborhood in an old red wagon with an "Oversized Load" sign attached to the back. (To be fair, my brothers were involved in this one too)
8. Telling them all of my funny, crazy, embarrassing life stories and having a good laugh about them
9. The countless of hours of laughing so hard that we cry while playing games with Grandma Walker.
10. Putting together and performing our very own "Bar S Ranch" show for Father's Day

I am looking forward to many more fun memories in the future, as our family continues to grow and change. There are many new chapters waiting to be written in my book of life, some of them closer and newer than I would have imagined And, no, I am not secretly engaged or anything-- my new chapters are composed of very different material than the chapters unfolding for my sisters at present.

Just as a side-note, I made sure that my parents were on the same page as me as far as expectations go now that both of my sisters are married. I just wanted to make sure that they understood that I am expecting some serious spoiling now that I am their only single daughter. :) I didn't hear any rejections to that idea, so I guess that I have their implied consent and agreement. Let the spoiling begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment