Monday, June 10, 2013

Oh! So That's why Gas is so Expensive...

Most people are not aware of how my brain works, and sometimes I'm not quite so sure either. It's a little unpredictable. So, I was thinking today about gas prices, and this was my thought process: Wow, gas is like $3.68 a gallon. That's even more expensive than a gallon of milk. That's weird, because milk comes from a living, viable creature. Gas is just what is left from the dinosaurs after their dead bodies underwent extreme heat and pressure and probably had some sort of change in the number of carbon molecules, etc., etc.,  (I'm definitely not a scientist, can you tell?). So why is some dead-dinosaur-body juice so much more expensive than living-animal-white-liquid that is supposed to be good for you? And then it clicked. It's because it's so old! You know, if you go to an antique show, everything is super expensive because it has historic or cultural value. Now, we all know (or really hope) that the milk we drink is not older than the gas that we put in our cars. That must be why gas costs so much--there is some sort of historic value to it. Major lightbulb! I hope I have enlightened you as well! ;)

P.S. I even made the font green in honor of dinosaurs. Don't you think of green and blue for dinosaurs like the brontosaurus? And red for dinosaurs like the tyrannosaurus rex?

No comments:

Post a Comment