Thursday, June 27, 2013

Once Upon a Time...I promise that I can Tell a Normal Fairytale

This afternoon while I was sorting through the MOUNTAINS of papers and folders and binders, etc. that have accumulated for the past couple of semesters I came upon this "treasure." It is a little story that I wrote for a mini-lesson that I did in my literacy class in which my fellow classmates had to pick out a sight word from the passage. Attached to each of the passages was a package of sprees or sweetarts. This will make sense by the end of the story, I promise.

"This is the story of Chicken Big. One fine evening, Chicken Big entered his house of straw and said, 'The ground is rising, the ground is rising!' Just as he said this, Goldilocks huffed and puffed and pushed his front door open. She had a magic bean for Chicken Big to put under his bed. If he was truly a chicken, he would not have any dreams about the bean that night. If he did have dreams about the bean then the dish would run away with the fork and the moon would fall out of the sky. As a token of gratitude for reading this silly, little tale, I have included a sweet little treat."

On a side note, I worked with the cutest little girl today at my tutoring job. I hope she becomes a regular for me to work with!

I heard a new joke today: How much does a hipster weigh?

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

An instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment